Clear Channel Communications, Inc. was founded in San Antonio, TX with the purchase of a single radio station in 1972. After decades of growing media assets globally, the company has become one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies, operating as CC Media Holdings (OTCBB:CCMO). Clear Channel consists of two main media businesses: Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (NYSE: CCO) and the wholly owned Clear Channel Media and Entertainment. Between these divisions, Clear Channel focuses on providing a spectrum of multi-platform advertising and marketing opportunities for partners and world-class entertainment for listeners and users.
Across the board, Clear Channel continues to focus on developing innovative and dynamic campaigns for advertisers. Its Outdoor division operates close to one million displays in 45 countries across five continents, and continues to expand upon traditional billboard advertising by packaging unique combinations of displays in airports, rails, malls and more worldwide. The company’s focus on investing in new technologies has led to the growth of its digital footprint. These digital products help to create the ultimate advertising platform for out-of-the-box campaigns, featuring countdowns, video, time-sensitive updates and social media integration. Clear Channel’s Media and Entertainment division has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America with 243 million monthly listeners. It serves 150 cities through 840 owned radio stations in the U.S., as well as more than 140 stations in New Zealand and Australia.
The company’s operations also include, online and mobile services, including iHeartRadio – Clear Channel's free, industry-leading digital music service; live concerts and events such as the iHeartRadio Music Festival; program syndication; real-time traffic services; music research services; and independent media representation. With the advent of new properties, platforms and opportunities, Clear Channel looks forward to continuing along the path towards a creative, dynamic and innovative future.
Clear Channel Media and Entertainment seeks a Promotions Director for our 5 station cluster in Harrisburg, PARequired Skills
- Develop and oversee all promotional and contest initiatives of station.
- Directly supervise employees in the Promotions Department including but not limited to hiring, training, disciplining and appraising performance of employees.
- Write, create and produce on-air promotional.
- Plan and develop station promotions.
- Supervise stations contests including originating or adapting ideas, arranging prizes and listener events.
- Maintain accurate records of contestants, and ensure contests are conducted in accordance with FCC regulations and law.
- Represent station at community events and promotions.
- Coordinate activities of other departments involved in production of promotions and remotes.
- Maintain stations prize closet, inventory of station premiums and inventory and control of station banners.
- Prepare affidavits for clients attesting to the promotional announcements aired for a particular campaign.
- Coordinate all prizes and winners and make sure prizes are available for front desk distribution.
- Handle all release forms to insure 1099's are in order for distribution.
- College degree in Communications or Marketing preferred but not required.
- Minimum two years' experience in broadcast marketing, public relations or related field.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations related to broadcast marketing.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to handle stress and related pressures.
- Valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move in excess of 50 pounds.
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.